RCC Series Rail Cable Carrier
500+ m travel length and more without sag
For extremely long travel lengths
Rolling instead of gliding - the proven principle for less friction
Due to the substantial friction, it is nearly impossible to realize travel lengths greater than 200 m. With the new rail cable carrier, the upper trough does not glide on the bottom trough, it glides on guide rails. Rollers are mounted on ball bearings at the side of the carrier. The guide rails come in the standard connection height. The carrier does not sag. The tension and thrust is 90% less in comparison to gliding arrangements.
Quiet and low-vibration operation
The rollers run on the guide rail and do not contact other rollers. Ball bearings and a polyurethane roller surface additionally contribute to quite and smooth operation.
Rail Cable Carrier Key Features
- suitable for very long travel lengths
- 90 % less tension and thrust than with a gliding arrangement, thus requiring substantially less driving power
- low-noise and low-vibration operation
- less space required and cost-optimized with a shorter loop overhang - minimum turnaround length
- no impacting of the rollers against one another
- long service life - low maintenance
- minimum stress on the cable and hose carrier and cables
- less push/pull forces
- high travel speeds up to 10 m/s possible
- possible additional load (cable weight) of more than 50 kg/m
- use of proven standard cable carriers
- the carrier cannot climb
Save time and money with a minimum loop overhang
On the Rail Cable Carrier RCC - the driven connection is located at bend height. On gliding arrangements with a lower driver connection an extended loop overhang is required. This area cannot be used for travel.
RCC: Driver connection at bend height - minimum loop overhang
- Less space required, and no additional turnaround length.
- Save money with minimum carrier, cable and channel lengths.
Long service life for the cable and cable carrier and longer service life for the cables
The carrier is subject to a minimum load which minimizes wear and optimizes the service life. RCC systems are especially gentle on cables since they are only bent at the bending radius of the carrier. There is no counter-bending as is used in gliding arrangements.
- rolling instead of gliding
- optimum force introduction into the straight upper trough of the cable carrier
Comparison of Rail Cable Carrier (RCC) with gentle cable routing and gliding arrangement
Additional safety from integrated climbing protection
The carrier does not climb dangerously in the acceleration phase due to the decreased friction and associated reduced thrust.
For additional safety, the top of the channel forms a U-shape which holds the carrier guide rails in case of malfunctions.
Cable & Hose Carrier Accessories (PDF - 2.35 MB)