Primary metal manufacturing processes include metal producing, mining, melting, refineries, forming and an array of other operations. As these operations normally contain abrasive and high temperature conditions, there can be challenges during the manufacturing processes that operators often encounter.
To ensure peak performance, metal manufacturers must incorporate the right components into their equipment to meet evolving industry requirements. Every element in the machine must be strong, durable and resistant to abrasives and high temperatures.
Tsubaki primary metal manufacturing products deliver the durability and reliability metal operators demand. Our extensive range of solutions ensure premium performance and extended maintenance intervals under the toughest environments, regardless of weather, dust, or contaminants.
Here’s a breakdown of the entire lineup of Tsubaki primary metal manufacturing products.
Tsubaki Roller Chains: Delivering Longer Wear Life in Tougher Conditions
Roller chains play a major role in primary metal manufacturing, as well as applications such as material conveyors, steel drawing machines, and conveyors for steel bars.
Tsubaki’s premium roller chains are built for these demanding applications. These products are made of materials with high fatigue strength and are resistant to higher temperatures and abrasion, which are both contamination threats that can result in accelerated wear.
- High Performance Titan® Series: Tsubaki Titan® series roller chains are specially designed for high wear resistance in tough environments. Titan® chains include specially coated pins for protection from impact damage and wear, plus treated link plates for better corrosion resistance. In sizes ranging from 80-140, Titan® roller chain also features patented PerforMax™ solid lube groove bushings for long-lasting performance.
- Super and Super H Series: For machines dealing with extreme loads, choose the Super and Super H Series roller chains. These chains feature through-hardened pins, ball-drifted pitch holes, and wider-waist link plates. The Super H Series can also have thicker link plates added to them. Both the Super and Super H Series provide greater shock resistance and higher maximum allowable loads, which are critical for applications that require maximum fatigue strength.
- AL and BL Series Leaf Chain: Leaf chains offer greater tensile strength than standard roller chains and are used with sheaves instead of sprockets. Thus, they are used as counterweight chains for machine tools, forklift truck masts, spinning frames and similar lifting or balancing applications. Tsubaki also offers the Ultra-Life Series Leaf Chain that incorporates advanced technologies and manufacturing processes to achieve four times longer life than standard leaf chains as well as greater corrosion resistance.
Tsubaki Engineering Class Chains: Moving Materials Forward
Engineering class chains are used on conveyors and elevators throughout the production process to move materials and finished products along the supply chain. The majority of these applications utilize made-to-order roller conveyor chains, steel bushed or bar and pin designs. Tsubaki strives to provide the most reliable and predictable equipment life cycles in the industry and that begins with delivering the most reliable chain and motion control options in the market.
- Engineering Class Drive Chain: These specialized chains are found across refineries, steel mills, mining, construction and everywhere else the primary metals industry may go. Complete with quality components — high-strength sidebars, precision machined bushing, alloy steel induction hardened material, and shock-resistant rollers, engineering class chains allow for peak performance, minimal downtime, reliable service, and the ability to withstand high shock loads.
- Titan® XL Series: Like the standard Titan® series, the XL series offers manufacturers a chain that is designed to limit wear and tear and is minimally affected by the elements. Well-suited for mining, cement and heavy industrial applications, the proprietary Titan® pin coating is specifically formulated for harsh conditions while delaying the onset of aggressive, dry wear and extending life–maximizing production uptime and operational throughput.
Tsubaki Sprockets: Conveying Your Products from Start to Finish
Sprockets are used to convey chains in order to move product and materials throughout a given process. A worn-down sprocket can lead to tension loss, slippage, or a jumped chain, leading to potential instances of critical production failure. U.S. Tsubaki offers multiple top-of-the-line sprocket types for primary metals manufacturers, many of whom mainly use conveyors and lifting applications.
- Smart Tooth® Sprocket: Smart Tooth sprockets make it possible to identify and schedule drive system maintenance before critical component failure occurs. Strategic placement of Tsubaki’s patented Wear Indicator not only allows for proactive sprocket wear identification, it also mitigates the risk of worn sprockets permanently damaging the mating chain.
- Tsubaki Standard Sprockets: Tsubaki stock sprockets come with hardened teeth as a standard and only use 1045 steel, never powdered metal. This increases the life of the sprocket vs. non hardened teeth allowing for fewer shutdowns and increased savings over the life of the application.
Tsubaki Backstops & Clutches: Providing Long Life and Reliable Operations
Maintaining backstops & clutches is crucial for manufacturers looking to maximize performance regardless of the project or situation.
- BS-F Series Backstops: BS-F is used throughout the primary metal industry, with most of it being found on incline conveyors throughout the mining sector to prevent reverse rotation moving raw material around the site. The grease lubrication and labyrinth seal prevent contamination created during the primary metal manufacturing process from entering the internals of the backstop, preserving a long lifetime.
- MGUS Series Clutches: MGUS clutches are used in overrunning applications to help synchronize dual drive conveyors moving heavy materials as well as in backup drive systems that allow for torque disengagement between the primary and secondary drives on a system with a backup drive or with dual speed drives.
Tsubaki-KabelSchlepp® Cable Carriers: No Load is Too Much
Tsubaki-KabelSchlepp® cable carriers are generally used on large pieces of material handling equipment within steel mills and are often a part of the handling equipment moving large steel slabs or rolled steel across the production floor. Because of the harsh environment and heavy cable package loads, this industry generally only uses 100% steel cable carriers. Tsubaki’s proven range of Tsubaki-KabelSchlepp® brand products provide great protection for cables and hoses used in primary metals-related applications.
- S/SX series: Able to carry heavy cable packages without being impacted by the extreme heat and exposure to molten steel they might come in contact with, the S/SX Series cables are also able to withstand dirty environments with ease.